Thread: 19 to 20 week nuchal fold measurement

Question 19 to 20 week nuchal fold measurement

I just went for my my level II u/s and the nuchal fold measurement was between 4 and 5 mm. The peri specifically stated that he didn't think the baby has Down Syndrome. The measurements I have found were for during the first tri and were much smaller.

What are "normal" measurements for 19-20 week nuchal fold?

I don't know what's normal for that range, but all three doctors I see (YES, THREE), say that the nachal scan is only accurate for downs between 12 and 14 weeks. After that they continue to monitor it, but only during that time frame can they get a clear depiction that something is "wrong". I would think if your dr. wasn't worried you shouldn't be either, though!!

The NT measurement is only a strong predictor of chromosomal abnormality if measured between 12-13 weeks. That's why 1st trimester screening (combined NT, BhCG and PAPPA) is done at that time.

Even my surrodaughter's NT measurement, which was >7 mm at 12.5 weeks, had gone down to a "normal" measurement by 20 weeks. I had weekly u/s and monthly level II u/s throughout my pregnancy. As babies grow, so does their neck.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

1st + HPT 5dp5dt
    beta 9dp5dt -- 120
    beta 11dp5dt -- 323
    It's TWINS;
    Amelia with Trisomy 18 b. 03/01/2007, d.03/02/2007
    Abigail thriving

Thanks soo much for the reassurance!!