Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep - non profit photography service

I was so touched recently to recieve several wedding dresses. For about 10 years, I've been making burial gowns and m/c pouches (also called 'early demise pouches') for infants. The first several times I delivered a gown, I just dropped it off and left. Then one special set of parents asked to meet me and asked if I would help dress their baby in the gown I made.

Being a photographer, it was a natural progression for me to ask if they wanted some pictures. Took those pictures w/ film - not digital - and still only use film as I find it just takes a nicer picture. Most of my pictures are printed in black and white or sepia. Often these are the only pictures the family has minus all the equipment their cherished child has been dependant upon for life.

NILMDTS is an amazing group of people whose dedication is nearly as large as their hearts!
    If you settle in the South and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Southerners.
    After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits!

Amazingly beautiful.......

How very beautiful, a way to remember your child. I really wish I had known about them when I lost Elena....

One of my very good friends had a still born son last year. This program came to the hospital and took some amazing pictures. He looks like a sleeping newborn. They are amazing and something I know that she treasures more than anything. What an amazing thing these photographers do!

Melissa is offline Bright lights Big City!!!

Where have I been...I just had no idea about this...just a few weeks ago my family suffered the lost of a twin baby just a few days shy of there due date. just very beautiful children...I feel so bad that I didn't see this post until now:cry: :cry: I know the hospital must not have offered this, but many photographer in there area. I hate to bring this up to the parents now:cry: :cry:

We lost Amelia March 3rd this year(2010). I had no idea about this and wish to God i had.
    The nurse took pictures. Amelia is in her gown all bloody. I cried so hard over these pictures. We took her out of the gown and took pictures of her in a blanket her grammy had bought her instead. I took the pictures the nurse took back, to the hospital and showed it to the head of Labor and Delivery. I told her this was unacceptable. They need to train their nurses better in dealing with a stillbirth, picture taking(they offered) etc. She took them and showed them at a board of directors meeting. She said some of the people couldnt even look at them because of how others in the room reacted when looking at them. But these were the pictures we are supposed to live with?:cry:

What a wonderful organization this is. I pray to God that we never need to use them, but I will definitely do so, should we be faced with tragedy again.

It is so important as parents to have beautiful memories of our babies. This is a treasure for all times.

Chavonia makes the BEST siggys:D
    RebekahRose and Angelmama are my contact buddies:HEARTSMIL

I think this is a wonderful and amazing thing these people are doing....I can't stop crying my eyes out - but, I think it is beautiful that they offer this to people in such a difficult situation.

Default I am a proud NILMDTS photographer

What a sweet Story! I have been a volunteer/area coordinator photographer for Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep since Aug 09. And I am also starting my testing to be a Gestational carrier. I Love and feel so honored to get to hold Angels. I love what I do and though I really wish all my families did not have to go through their pain. I am so blessed to have the Angels and families in my life. Thank you for posting this!

One of our very own surrogates here (Tammi) is affilliated with them ... she's also an amazing friend to me and took some beautiful, raw, touching pictures of Colton for us after his birth. They will always be treasured!

There just aren't enough words. I wouldn't be albe to type them anyhow.... I only got a few stories into them all and I can't stop crying enough to read more. It's an UNBELIEVABLE treasure that is out there, helping so many.

Ty for sharing this.

I am a Volunteer Digital Retouch Artist for this amazing organization and I couldn't be more honored to be a part of it. I absolutely love what I do <3

my best friend lost her baby to a still birth and they came to the hospital and took some wonderful photos to capture that babies life. Now my friend is a photographer for them, paying this priceless gift forward.

I love that we have things like this to help in situations like these.

GS x1 12/28/12 Christian- 5lbs 1oz : Elizabeth- 6lbs 2oz

Default This has got to be one of the most moving things I have ever seen.

When I was in my early twenties I received a card in the mail from a few friends of mine who also had lost their child. I remember at the time being very confused about how I felt about receiving a photograph of the baby.

Here I am 12 years later and seeing this sticky note and I am also moved to tears. What an amazing organization! For me as I am moving forward and taking steps to hopefully have children of my own I am realizing more and more how delicate these little souls are and I am even more thankful that I am taking my time through this process and learning about things that I never would have if it was not for this site.