Thread: Please Respond - No gestational sac - 6 weeks

pirokp is offline Acct. suspended due to inactivity. Contact owner.

Exclamation Please Respond - No gestational sac - 6 weeks

Hi,

We had our ultrasound today and the dr. could not find a definite gestational sac. I am 6 weeks and 4 days. There was one oblong shaped thing, but he said that most likely was not a sac. My uterine lining was a 26, which the dr. said is great, from HCG. So we are waiting on a HCG and progesterone test. The dr. thinks that either this is an eptopic pregnancy (I have had no spotting or cramping) or a pregnancy that is not progressing.

I have told the dr. I don't want to go back for another ultrasound until next week. Is there any hope that a gestational sac will be seen then?

My IM cried the whole way home, I am heart broken for her. I don't even know what to say to her.

Please Help!

I do not have any advice but wanted to give you a big online hug!!!! :grouphug: There have been too many stressful events ocuring on SMO lately! You and your IP's will be in my thoughts....What did the doctor say about chances?
    Retired after a long year of trying to be a TS for my sister

Thankful for my SMO friends and the surrogacy world!

I have no advice, but I wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your IP's.

I don't think there is anything I could say that would make you feel better. I just want you to know that my heart is with you and your IP's. I can't imagine what this would feel like. I just want you to know that you are in my prayers. I am so sorry. If there is anything any of us can do for you let us know. Big (((((hugs)))))!!!

Kelly

Kelly

Engaged to my best friend, Joshua
    Mother to Hunter, Madison and Nate

1st time Surro GS-Twins born 7/14/2006...on the road again...

...possible gs for dear friend, momof4angles...

I am so sorry! :broken:
    At this point it is hard to tell. We didn't have a heartbeat at that stage like some do, however did he mention seeing a yolk sac or fetal pole?
    I wish you and your IP's the very best.
    You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

pirokp is offline Acct. suspended due to inactivity. Contact owner.

I just found out that my HCG is 812. Do you think this is an eptopic pregnancy or a failing pregnancy? I have to go back to the dr. this week.

I am so sorry hun.I'm not sure about the ectopic,as I really don't have much info on it.I will share my last transfer with you.My first beta was 42 at 10dp3dt,I was shocked.First thing I was told by our re was it does not look good.Worst words to ever hear.They had me repeat at 12dp it did a tad more then double.I heard the same thing,get ready for a miscarriage,does not look good.Repeated beta 4 days later it was like 388,then another 4 days later where it did not double.I had a u/s at 5.2 weeks,they found a sac,no heartbeat and said maybe they could see a yolk sac but was not sure.No more betas had another u/s at 8 weeks.The sac was there,nothing was inside and it was the same size as 5.2 weeks.It had stopped growing.I was so heartbroken for my if's.I am not saying this is what is happening with you,just sharing what happened to me.I am thinking of you and wish I could say something to make everything better hun.
    Take care,Kelley
    GSX1 Babygirl 2001
    GSX2 To L&L
    10dpt3dt beta-92
    12dpt3dt beta-182
    Twins!

Aw I'm so sorry! I had an ectopic once and I had awful pain. The thing about your beta is it's way too low for this gestational age. You never know what can happen ... We've all seen miracles but it really isn't looking good at this point. I wonder if you did have a pregnancy in your uterus and have absorbed most of the tissue? Have you thought about going in to see your own OB? That's what I did. It amazes me how one Dr can have a totally different opinion than another. If you start having any pain call your Dr right away!

Again I'm so sorry for you and your IPs.

{{Big Hugs}}
    Tracy H

I am soo very sorry for what you are going through! I know it is so emotionally and physically draining not to know what is going on!
    The thing I am questioning, is WHY did the Dr. not check your tubes if he thinks it could be an etopic?????????? IF he didnt see a sac in your uterus, then he should have looked ELSEWHERE!!
    I think you need another ultrasound; and make sure it is a vaginal one!
    Sometimes Dr's say stupid things, and I am sorry....but sometimes they should just keep their mouths shut because they worry us about things that sometimes never happen, or they are just plain wrong.
    I am concerned that you need to be seen again! Who did the ultrasound? A tech or the Dr? Did a radiologist look at it and give a diagnosis?
    Get some answers and hang in there!

I'm so sorry you are going through this... :broken: I hope you get some much needed answers with your next appointment. :goodluck:

:HEARTSMIL Mom to :boy: 9 :girl: 7 and :boy:02/24/08 :HEARTSMIL
    GS to brothers
    7/04 :boy: :HEARTSMIL
    8/06 :boy::HEARTSMIL