Important, new Premium Membership!!
Starting August 1, 2005 we will have a new Premium Membership for any SMO member interested.
The cost for a Premium Membership is $10.00 PER YEAR. Included in a Premium Membership is the following:
1. Private Messenging
2. Access to the private forum
New members are allowed to sign up also.
If you are interested please E-mail me at ShannonA@surromomsonline.com . Thanks!
Those that recently renewed their memberships will not incur additional charges.
**Please note terms have been modified effective August 1, 2009 to reflect the discontinuation of the bracelets. They are no longer available. All other terms remain the same.**
If you choose to upgrade your account so that you can use private messaging and have access to the private forum, you agree to the following terms:
1) The same rules that apply to the SMO message boards regarding behavior also apply to private messaging and the private forum. No name-calling, harassment, or inflammatory behavior of any kind will be tolerated.
2) Private messages are exactly that. They should not be shared with other parties without the consent of the message's author. Also, the Private Forum is private. Information and posts within the forum are not to be taken outside of it, nor are others allowed to use your account to access the private forum. Abuse of these rules will result in immediate banning from the Premium section and/or the boards as a whole.
3) If you abuse your private messaging privileges, your ability to use the feature will be immediate revoked. The same applies to the Private Forum.
4) If your private messaging privileges are revoked, your payment WILL NOT be refunded. The same applies to the Private Forum. This also applies to accounts that are suspended and/or banned from the message boards.
5) When upgrading to Premium, you agree to keep your account active and post on a regular basis. Lurkers and those that do not participate on the message boards will have their Premium membership removed (and no refund given).
If you are interested in upgrading your account to include private messaging, please write to me at ShannonA@surromomsonline.com and I will give you payment instructions for PayPal. I will also accept payment by money order or cashiers check, however personal checks WILL NOT be accepted. Once payment has been received I will turn on your private messaging privileges. Your one year of service will begin on the date that I accept payment.
When sending payment, please include the following:
1. Name and username on the boards.
2. Home mailing address.
(If this information is not included, I have no idea who it belongs to)
New Premium upgrade membership (1 year) - $10.00
Renewal membership (1 year, only available for current premium members) - $5.00
*If it has been more than 6 months since your Premium membership has expired, you will need to pay the full amount for the Initial upgrade.*
The purpose of the fee is to cover the extra bandwidth that private messaging eats up. As it stands right now, we already go over our allotted bandwidth each month and end up paying more for it.
Please note that you will only be able to send and receive private messages from those who opt to upgrade their memberships.
I reserve the right to alter this announcement at any time. Any changes will be immediately binding to all those who have private messaging privileges.
Premium Members names are italized and in red. Moderators and Admin are italized and in green.
I have modified the Terms of Service to include the following:
When upgrading to Premium, you agree to keep your account active and post on a regular basis. Lurkers and those that do not participate on the message boards will have their Premium membership removed (and no refund given).
Effective immediately, ALL members upgrading will be required to provide their home address in order to upgrade to Premium member. If you are upgrading for someone else, their address will be required, we will no longer accept gift memberships without their address.
I know this may be a bummer to those wanting to upgrade another member, but this is an extra measure of privacy for the Premium forum. Since it is already a requirement for people upgrading to provide this info, it should be the same for everyone.
Due to recent problems with brand new users upgrading to Premium and violating the Premium TOS, we are temporarily suspending Premium upgrades to new users with less than 100 posts and registration less than 60 days old.
We will be reviewing the current guidelines and make any modifications if necessary, and those will be announced when a decision is made.
I appreciate your understanding and apologize to those who may be disappointed with the temporary suspension.