Thread: what insurance will pay for tubal reversal?

iwonder

Default what insurance will pay for tubal reversal?

Hi,
    I'm planning to do a tubal reversal. After having a grand exeperience surro'ing, hubby and I have decided to pursue having a baby. Does anyone know which insurance will cover the cost (or part of it) of doing a tubal ligation reversal?

Thanks for the support and info ladies.

Christine

I just wondered why you have been registered for almost 1 1/2 years and you are still a "new member"...How does that happen? About the insurance....I do not know of ANY insurance that will pay for a reversal. While it may pay for the ligation, it CAN be considered a necessary procedure. However, a reversal is ALWAYS considered an elective surgery and therefore MOST if not ALL insurance will refuse to pay for it. However, you may want to contact Melissa Hardaway at Golden Rule Insurance. She will know if anyone does! Good luck to you!
    Mom to David 9/17/98
    BM to Alyssa 4/20/96
    BM to Travis 6/5/01
    TS to Amanda Lynn 10/26/03
    TS to Angel P. 20 wks 5 days stillborn 0 pounds 7 ozs. 21 and 3/4 centimeters long 4/15/05

The children we create are our future...treat them as such and you will never go wrong.

Default Hi Christine.

Some insurances do cover this or a percentage anyways...
    But, not in California......
    Email me if you want to chat.
    Southencaliblnd@aol.com

iwonder

Rebecca, where would I find her? i looked up golden's website, but theres nothing there for me to find her.

Cali Blond, I tried to email you , but the mail bounced back. I'm not in Cali anymore YAYYY i'm back in NY.

Even if the insurance only covered PART of the operation, I want to know about it...

:)

Default Hi....

Melissas addy is "MCHINS@AOL.COM".....
    Sorry about it bouncing back, gotta love AOL.....;)

I live in Pennsylvania and had Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield and they paid 100% for my tubal reversal. I will tell you that I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy in each tube and lost them both. Good luck.