Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ~*~ July Fireflies ~*~ 3/17/12 - 3/31/12 ~*~

Julie so good to see an update and wonderful pictures from you! I'm SO happy for you that everything has gone so well with your IPs!! :HEARTSMIL

Jen, I've got people going on vacations on me, too! It was a bit stressful at first to find out about these plans at the last second but it's fine and everything will work out. (My doula was out of town last weekend and my doc is out of town this week. My photographer friend is helping a friend post-op tomorrow and the next day, etc. Crazy!). How are you feeling?

Kelli, how are things going? I think the May name is kind of silly after all of these other hot names the last few months. You should be the rebel and make up your own name and pic. :@ I'm glad you felt comfortable all this time to come here and let things out. I've thought about you a lot and would never judge you for the decision you and your IFs made. You gave them the rights as his parents to make the best decision for their child and you followed through with their wishes. You are an amazing surro and they are lucky to have you to go through this journey with them.

Rebekah, the tribute tattoo is such a great idea. How is the hair removal going? You've been busy torturing your body lately. :rotfl: Good luck with homeschooling in the fall. I love homeschooling my kids and wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Lisa, you're getting so close! Less than two weeks now.

Bridget, did you go to Vegas yet? I can't imagine trying to pack up and move. There's so much stuff here I'd want to just give most everything away and start fresh. :rotfl:

Julie, your son looks just like you! Your IPs look so very happy with their new little sweetie. :HEARTSMIL Thanks for sharing.

AFM: We are due tomorrow. Tomorrow! That's so hard to believe. My son was born at 38 weeks and my twin girls at 35w5d so we all just figured this kid would be born around 38 weeks, too. Nope, s/he has other plans apparently. :D I'm in school still and yesterday one professor told me he was surprised I was still coming to class and called me a trooper. This was after I had just skipped his class for the first time this semester because I was too tired to go. Oops! The kids in that class keep asking me to go into labor during lab so they have a chance to get out of lab for the day. I think they have it in their minds that if my water breaks it's some sort of bio-hazard that would require shutting down the school for hazmat clean-up or something, when in reality they probably wouldn't even notice if it did happen. :spin:

My best friend came and she and her two daughters stayed the weekend with us. Her mom is coming this weekend to stay with my mom. They're hoping I will go into labor this weekend so they can be here for it (my friend said she would come this weekend with her mom if I go into labor). I'm making my own prediction that this little one will be born on Easter because I just remembered the other night about a dream I had after we had our betas but before we had the u/s. In my dream I had been pregnant with two large eggs (ostrich?) and one was pink and one was blue (we had really high betas and were definitely thinking twins).

I hear so many people speak of being done with the pregnancy by this point (or sooner) but I can honestly say that I am enjoying being pregnant still. I'm not enjoying having to see mommy and daddy waiting and waiting to meet their little one but I know it's just a matter of days at this point and then the pregnancy part will be over. Also, I really am not looking forward to trying to find clothes to fit postpartum and bras to fit my soon-to-be ginormous boobs. I hate clothes shopping! :rotfl:

Thanks April (momma2ethan) for the beautiful siggy!
    GSx1 Baby girl born 4/9/12 9lbs 4oz and absolutely gorgeous!

Good to see an update from you Tiffany! I knew you were getting close to your due date and I was wondering how you were doing. Are there any plans for induction if things don't get going soon? Good luck with everything and congrats on making it to 40 weeks! :sunshine: Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it and you made me smile. :)

I'm doing well, just waiting. I had a horrible reaction to bcps, so I quit taking them. I'm not required to take them by my clinic (I had to get approval actually), I asked so I could have control over my cycles and not worry about when AF would arrive. I did ok last month, but towards the end I started noticing some weird things, mainly extreme itching all over at night. Like, up all night, scratching from head to toe itching. It stopped when I quit taking the active pills and had a period, then started up again the second day of the new pill pack. I went almost 48 hours with maybe a collective hour of sleep during the first 4 days of active pills, and that was enough. I gotta sleep! I don't have to take them, and I've always been regular, especially after discontinuing any form of bc, so I made the executive decision not to torture myself for no reason any more. The crappy part is those 4 days of active pills was enough to make me have a withdrawal bleed...a week after I just had the one from the first pill pack, UGH! So tired of bleeding! :spin: I don't know if I should count this as AF and have no idea when to expect the "real" one, so I hope I didn't screw things up too much. I want my body to have a while without hormones and get a break before doing IVF and another pregnancy (hopefully). Seriously, I think BCPs are manufactured by Satan. They're awful things! :devil:

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back on track in April. I still have no idea if I want to try in May if I get clearance. I don't even think my body is ready. I've noticed that the cramps I get with AF are more painful than they've ever been. Definitely a difference and are more sharp pains than dull-ache cramps, plus I think I still have a cyst on my left ovary causing pain. Last night I was really hurting, and it got me nervous that I'm not healed or something is wrong. We'll see.

Hope everyone is doing well! We're leaving for vacation tomorrow so we're pretty excited about that. Jason and I will get a weekend alone in the mountains without the kiddos! Yay! I'll try to check in and see if anyone's delivered in the next week. Very exciting!

I'm having some mixed emotions about the fact that I should have been ready to deliver any time now, but I'm trying not to think about it and be happy for everyone else that is both on here and the couple of other GS's with my agency who transferred in July last year too. I went to the monthly meeting last Saturday and it ended up upsetting me and bringing up a lot of emotions I didn't think were there. That's a long story (some things were said and things happened that rubbed me the wrong way) and I think I'm going to take a break from going to those meetings for a while.

Well, that's it for me. Have a great rest of the week!

Julie,
    those pics are so beautiful!!! Love how sweet your surro baby looks!!! What a great job!!

Tiffany,
    What a trooper!! I'm 37w and READY to deliver!! Who knows how long I'll last but only until the 10th lol!!

Kelli,
    Hope you have a great vacation!!

OK...I need to update here...not that much exciting has been going on. I've been keeping an eye on the happenings, though.

I've been having the NST every Monday and Thursday, so far all has been good. Boring, though...and I'm getting sick of OJ during the NST to wake baby up.

My cold...was better, now I think I've got a new one. I'm pretty sick of being sick at this point. But it had helped not having to drag my sick self into work early every morning. And I'm enjoying spending more time with my kids...spring break next week :)

Hard to believe I'm "full term" today. Although both my kids were clustered around their due date - it's strange to think it could happen any now and not be premature. I need to finish packing my bag.

And others - Kelli - yay for vacation without the kids! Enjoy it.
    Tiffany - due tomorrow...that really means any day for you. Good luck when it comes and post updates...I need more baby news.

Julie - love the pics. Sorry to hear about the back labor, but glad everything later was good with the baby and IPs.

Rebekah - you're going crazy with body stuff. My goodness. That tattoo is a wonderful memorial (but had to hurt, my two much smaller ones were no fun at all). And laser hair removal - awesome. I've had it and love it. And when you get the LASIK...also amazing. I had mine about 8 years ago (and was seriously blind as a bat. (I think I was somewhere around 20/800 uncorrected). It was 20/20 for a long time, I think I'm a little worse now, but really only need glasses for nighttime driving...so I'll take it compared to needing glasses to see the alarm clock right next to me. And I'm sorry things with the IPs still aren't so great. I do worry about that at time, even though things have been good all along - you never know what might change afterwards.

And now (for those who haven't already delivered) we are all in the full term category...so we should be seeing more birth stories soon :)

11/17/2012 5 day fresh transfer 1 embryo, :bfp: 4.5dpt; Beta 12dp5dt = 484

Sorry I haven't said how the dr went. Well I'm 1cm instead of 1/2 to 1 and still posterior cervix. Having nightly contractions but nothing that stays. I know I'm having a c-sec but if I go into true labor she'll go ahead and deliver him. I'm 37w measuring 39w. BP, wt, and ankle swelling is good.

Oh and a really cool thing was when I went to the OB the baby was doing this rocking thing that he does all the time. I had her feel it and tell me what it was. She said it's the baby praticing breathing. Isn't that sooooooo neat!!!! I never noticed it before with any other pregnancy but its such a cool thing.

My husband is working out of town 2hrs away with his new job so my sister says if I have to go in she'll take me. I really don't want that to happen because I want my DH to take me and be there. My sister will be awesome but I want my DH. Also my OB is going out of town Thurs-Sunday night so she said no delivering!! It doesn't look like it but you never know. If my water breaks than that's it.

I'm leaving this evening for our Washington state get away so I'm going to make the thread for next month and y'all can move over their now or on April 1st, whichever you prefer!! :D

I love seeing all the updates from those who are getting so close to delivery!

Jess I can't believe you're still dealing with illness and not feeling well. :( That sucks!!

Kelli have a WONDERFUL time with your hubby!! I know you two will love that one on one time to just relax together!! :HEARTSMIL