Thread: Feedback Thread - Attorney Michael B. Grant

Default Feedback Thread - Attorney Michael B. Grant

Michael B. Grant
    Email: mbgesq@aol.com
    Suite 301
    Pawtucket, RI 02860
    Telephone: (401) 219-0400
    Fax: (401) 244-7325

In an effort to have a dedicated feedback thread for each of the attorney's in this thread: http://www.surromomsonline.com/suppo...d.php?t=183025 I am starting threads asking for your experience with this attorney (good, bad, comments, etc.). Please post here any information you feel comfortable sharing!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by sabrinaof4 View Post
    My IF's attorney, Mike Grant, will handle escrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggirl2go View Post
    I would like to recommend Mike Grant is from Rhode Island. Again, he doesn't have to be in ur state. I was not even matched when I contacted him, cause I had some questions about New Jersey laws. I didn't even have him on retainer & he answered my emails right away, even at like 9pm at night. He didn't have to do that. Very nice & he has been recommended by a few lawyers, & exp surrogates so I'm confident contracts will work the same way. I think $1500 to draft a contract as a 1st time surro & to represent me is very reasonable. He also does escrow, very reasonable price also. I think my PIP's will be very happy with that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrinaof4 View Post
    Mike Grant is my IF's atty. He is wonderful! I deliver in RI, biut I live in MI.

FTA...They would need an atty that is familiar with the laws in the state that they deliver in. It is different for surros. An atty would have to be licensed in the state to obtain a PBO for the IPs and handle any other court issues that arise.
    Quote Originally Posted by sahmommy View Post
    Has anyone used Mike Grant in Rhode Island? This is who Serena said they usually use. She said I can go with whoever I wanted to but this is who they usually use.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadKatsMom View Post
    This, and Mike Grant also.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrogateInRI View Post
    This is who I used but he is in RI, not MA.. but maybe he does both states
    Quote Originally Posted by kanbangirl View Post
    Mike Grant. Yes, Jeremy is still doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    We are IPs and are using Bob Nichols in Norwood, MA- can't say enough nice things about him. He also does matching and represents surros.

I have also heard of a Michael Grant in Rhode Island.

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by michellemomx5 View Post
    Susan Crockin is very good as is Julie Ginsburg. They are both in MA.
    I personally wouldn't recommend Michael Grant.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonM1976 View Post
    Back during my surro journey it was Bob Nichols and Michael Grant. I don't recommend either one. One leaves you high and dry after the fact if there is a problem. One defends and participates in crazy, illegal antics. Which is which I'll let you figure out but I don't think either one is a good attorney. I like Joyce Kauffman if you need a New England lawyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof2 View Post
    I can personally vouch for Michael Grant, he got me through a very difficult time, without him I would have become a basket case. He's a rock and I ADORE him!
    Quote Originally Posted by michellemomx5 View Post
    Bob was my IP's attorney and yes, our contract was like 27 pages long but it covered EVERYTHING. It was well written and included everything to cover both my butt and my IP's. He also held our escrow account and was very prompt at getting payments out.
    IP's used Bob, I used Michael Grant as my attorney the first time and quite frankly I think it was a waste of IP's money as I basically re-wrote the sections that needed to be fixed myself, and then 2nd time I used Julie Ginsburg. No problems at all!
    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8fulmom22 View Post
    Ellie - We used and liked Michael Grant as well for the contracting phase - it wasn't all about the money for him, he seemed to really care about his clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebekah Rose View Post
    Michael B. Grant
    Email: mbgesq@aol.com
    Suite 301
    Pawtucket, RI 02860
    Telephone: (401) 219-0400
    Fax: (401) 244-7325

In an effort to have a dedicated feedback thread for each of the attorney's in this thread: http://www.surromomsonline.com/suppo...d.php?t=183025 I am starting threads asking for your experience with this attorney (good, bad, comments, etc.). Please post here any information you feel comfortable sharing!

Thank you!
    He was my lawyer for the contracts...the drafts I got had a LOT of errors but I don't know if that was the IP's lawyer's doing or his...the travel details and the comp figures were WAY off, but once we got everything finalized (there were still some minor oversights) it was almost exactly how I wanted it to be. He seemed very professional and I like that he was one of the first lawyers to get into surrogacy. He seemed to be fair and reputable.

He was my lawyer for contracts this journey and he was great. He always got back to me veryquickly and he got everything changed that I wanted changed. He was very professional. I would highly recommend him.

I have used Mike Grant and find him to be good, yes there needed to be tweeking of my contract, but I feel it is because a contract is a very personal thing and it is easy to miss things if they are not personal to you.

He is also a dad through surrogacy.

He has been great about helping us clear up errors with the twins death certificate since there was no PBO @ 16 weeks.

11-27-11 b/g twins 16 weeks

Michael Grant is representing me and has been great so far. He gets things done quickly and efficiently. We should be signing the contract within the week.