Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chicago Marathon/Pregnant Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Denise K. View Post
    Never say that....all that you do is an amazing accomplishment in its self :sunshine: We are all not going to be able to accomplish the same goal nor should we even have the same goals, it all depends on the individual :) Girl if you run a half marathon that is outstanding!! How many people you know can say that, seriously it rocks for you :HEARTSMIL I do understand how you feel though because at first I was like gee, I am a chump I guess with my 3 mile runs this pregnancy but then I say..whatever it is what is the best for me and this surrogacy and it is wonderful for her to have the opportunity to do a full marathon while preggo if she can. I will say I am looking forward to being able to get in some long runs again after the baby is born and I am about to find a half marathon and sign up so that I have to get my but in gear and train after delivery!! You know I have never even desired to do a full marathon, I am happy with my halfs. But every once in a while lately, I think about taking on the challenge especially after I see them do one on Biggest Looser, very inspiring. Guess we shall see! Oh and I am already signed up to do Tough Mudder March 31 or April 1st. It is a 10 mile adventure run...with crazy hard obsticals spread out over the 10 miles!
    My half is on Sunday....pray for good weather for us! I will be running with my husband and 2 friends. My 2 friends are both OVER 50! AND my DH was one of 10 people chosen for a Spirit Award. He's Michael Mukavetz on there. http://www.columbusmarathon.com/race...n/spirit-award

I'm pretty lucky to be surrounded by such amazing people. We did 14 miles 2 weeks ago so I'm excited to see what our time is for an actual race. I have found that I am a distance runner (my pace actually gets faster after mile 6) so I will be going for a marathon in the spring. If you ever want a long distance training buddy, give me a shout!

Now off to the expo for race packets!

Quote Originally Posted by kat110 View Post
    My half is on Sunday....pray for good weather for us! I will be running with my husband and 2 friends. My 2 friends are both OVER 50! AND my DH was one of 10 people chosen for a Spirit Award. He's Michael Mukavetz on there. http://www.columbusmarathon.com/race...n/spirit-award

I'm pretty lucky to be surrounded by such amazing people. We did 14 miles 2 weeks ago so I'm excited to see what our time is for an actual race. I have found that I am a distance runner (my pace actually gets faster after mile 6) so I will be going for a marathon in the spring. If you ever want a long distance training buddy, give me a shout!

Now off to the expo for race packets!
    Oh wow that is awesome!! Yes good luck and have fun on Sunday. Where are you running? If you up north I guess it is starting to cool off? It is still a bit hot here unless you go out and run early in the morning, which is what I do. I will be thinking and praying for you while I run the Houston Texans 5k on Sunday, gee seems tiny compared to your half..LOL! Oh how inspiring, I loved reading about your husband, thanks for sharing! I am so thrilled that he is doing so well and able to challenge himself....wow. I am sorry for what your family has had to endure, hugs. Oh my, you just reminded me I have to get my race packet tomorrow morning!!
    Last edited by Denise K.; 10-14-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stycim View Post
    Nice! I had a friend invite me to be part of her team for one last month. The invite came just after I matched so I of course had to turn it down for this year. But I'm on board for next Sept! It's good to have it looming out there so that I get my butt in shape as soon as I can post-delivery.
    Sounds like a great plan, I can not wait to hear all about it in Sept!

I am truly amazed at this preggo marathoner! I am a marathoner and my doctors told me I could not run as a surrogate. They made me stop running even before I was pregnant. I was ok with it though. I figured my poor IP's had gone through so much to get that baby, I was ok to comfort their worries by taking a little running break. I soon got back to my running and ran my first half a month a ago. It was great. Now I have signed myself up for the "Goofy Challenge" in Walt Disney World in January. It is a half marathon on Saturday the 7th, and a full marathon on Sunday the 8th. Crazy, I know. People always ask me "why?" My answer is "because it exists" :D We will see how it goes.... Yesterday my hubby ran a 9 miler as part of a relay. There was a man who ran 50 MILES! Maybe that is next for me one day??? (But not pregnant!)

Quote Originally Posted by checkster View Post
    I am truly amazed at this preggo marathoner! I am a marathoner and my doctors told me I could not run as a surrogate. They made me stop running even before I was pregnant. I was ok with it though. I figured my poor IP's had gone through so much to get that baby, I was ok to comfort their worries by taking a little running break. I soon got back to my running and ran my first half a month a ago. It was great. Now I have signed myself up for the "Goofy Challenge" in Walt Disney World in January. It is a half marathon on Saturday the 7th, and a full marathon on Sunday the 8th. Crazy, I know. People always ask me "why?" My answer is "because it exists" :D We will see how it goes.... Yesterday my hubby ran a 9 miler as part of a relay. There was a man who ran 50 MILES! Maybe that is next for me one day??? (But not pregnant!)
    Wow that is awesome!! Have fun in the Goofy Challenge!!