73 73.00%
  • Kept my last name

7 7.00%
  • maiden-married hypenated

7 7.00%
  • maiden name took place of middle name and took H's last name

13 13.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Married name, maiden name and middle name- oh my!

Default Married name, maiden name and middle name- oh my!

I never realized there were SO many options for names once you get married. Did you keep your last name? Take your maiden name? Did you hyphenate maiden and married name OR did you drop your middle name for your maiden name?

Yes I realize that is confusing, but I have no other ideas on how to state the question :rotfl:
    GS x 1 Feb 2010 twins
    GS x 2 July 2013 twins

Quote Originally Posted by SliceofLime2 View Post
    I never realized there were SO many options for names once you get married. Did you keep your last name? Take your maiden name? Did you hyphenate maiden and married name OR did you drop your middle name for your maiden name?

Yes I realize that is confusing, but I have no other ideas on how to state the question :rotfl:
    I was Amy Darlene T.
    I am now Amy Darlene D.

The only place I have my maiden name is Facebook. I keep it on there so that my school mates recognize me. My username there is Amy T. D.

How's that for a confusing answer. I think this is the type of answer you are looking for, but maybe not.

ETA...I had no reason to keep my maiden name. If my husband and I ever divorce I will keep my married name. My maiden name is not important to me at all.
    Last edited by MamaLuv3; 03-27-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    Amy
    Momx3
    GSx2
    What's next?:spin:

*Hated* my maiden name (Fry), couldn't WAIT to dump it!! lol
    Mom x2
    GS x4
    Primary section in '08
    VBAC in '10
    Secondary section & myomectomy in '11
    VBA2C in '13, when everyone said it couldn't be done!

Proudly took my husband's name!! :HEARTSMIL I'm sure his mother is still mad...BAHAHAHAHA!! :devil:
    Last edited by moms4ms; 03-27-2011 at 06:55 PM.
    Missy
    GSx1 to Avery for T & J
    GS to John for J & B

Finally, after 6 long years~
    A sibling for John~
    http://jenmckenphoto.com/2012/05/sur...n-photography/

Quote Originally Posted by moms4ms View Post
    Proudly took my husband's name!! :HEARTSMIL I'm sure his mother is still mad...BAHAHAHAHA!! :devil:
    *****LIKE*****
    Amy
    Momx3
    GSx2
    What's next?:spin:

Took my husband's last name. Come to find out that was not his legal name anyway, so I'm still Tammy G. and He is now Doug P. I wonder if we are were ever legally married???

By the way, all 4 of our kids have the G last name.
    Tammy
    Mom to 5
    TS x 3
    Sibling Project 2014 Underway

Where I'm from, people generally change their middle name to their maiden name and take on their husbands last name. I dropped my maiden name and kept my middle name and took DH's last name.

Thanks to April for the above siggy and Rachele for the previous slightly too creepy one :)

I hated my middle name growing up, hated hated hated (sorry mom...). I actually think I married at 18 just to drop my middle name! :rotfl: I took my maiden name as my new middle name and took on my husband's name as my last name. I am still a product of my parents and it is an honor to carry on my maiden name as my middle name! :D

I took my husband's name, but I am kind of a traditionalist like that. Actually though, I could not wait to get married, just so I could get rid of my maiden name!

I hated my last name growing up and took my husband's name and dropped my maiden name when I got married. That was VERY important to my husband that I do so.

My mom is a bit upset that her maiden name has died out and wishes she had given it to one of my brothers as a middle name.
    Maggie
    Wife to C
    Mom to 2
    GSx1 B/G twins 4/11
    Due 1/31/13 with my own #3

Quote Originally Posted by upstgeu View Post
    *Hated* my maiden name (Fry), couldn't WAIT to dump it!! lol
    I hated mine and couldn't wait to get rid of it (it was Stump).

I loved my Maiden Name and Gave it to my Daughter, correct spelling and all.
    *Lessley*
    Tammy
    Mom to 5
    TS x 3
    Sibling Project 2014 Underway

I had no attachment to my maiden name. It didn't even become my name until I was 13 or 14. It was super boring too, I don't even use it on facebook.
    GSx2

Tallahassee, FL (but always a Canadian Cali Girl!)

It was important to me to take my husband's last name. I wanted each of us and our children to be united with our name. I don't know, it was just something that I wanted. I never considered hyphenating. I didn't hate my last name, but I do like my married name better!

Sibling arrived at 40 weeks 3 days :HEARTSMIL

where the stars at night, are big and bright....

With my first marriage - I hyphenated mainly for work/license reasons.

The second time, I took my husband's name.

I hyphenate. I like it but it's a PITA sometimes.

I forget sometimes what places use which last time... sometimes it's easier just to use one... some places still had my maiden name so I just left it... some places only use my married last name... so.. sometimes I have to ask people... which last name do you have for me. :rotfl:

I could tell a long story, but basically, I had no middle name (my mom messed up my name on my BC) and so I took my maiden name, made it my middle name and took my husband's last name. But, that's only b/c I wasn't paying attention when I was filling it out and just stuck my maiden name in there. It worked out, I like having a middle initial now. :)

Quote Originally Posted by alsgurl04 View Post
    I could tell a long story, but basically, I had no middle name (my mom messed up my name on my BC) and so I took my maiden name, made it my middle name and took my husband's last name. But, that's only b/c I wasn't paying attention when I was filling it out and just stuck my maiden name in there. It worked out, I like having a middle initial now. :)
    exactly this! I didn't have a middle name either so my maiden name became my middle name and I took my husbands last name.

If I had to do it over I probably would have kept my maiden name and not changed it to my husbands name.

9dp5dt - 344 12p5dt - 867 15dp5dt - 2863

I can't imagine dropping my middle name! Every time I've been married, all 86 times, I've taken my husband's last name. I'm now in the process of going back to my maiden name & I will keep it unless I have another brain fart and get married again, and I'm sure I will take his last name.

My maiden name was Rohrscheib. Danielle Marie Corrine Rohrscheib. Longest freaking name ever. I gladly took my husband's 4 letter last name.:D