Thread: OSOM hpt. Dip sticks, card test, or combo?

momof2surrotoo is offline Banned-previous banned member misjepsen

Default OSOM hpt. Dip sticks, card test, or combo?

I am thinking of buying some OSOM hpts but I am not sure what the difference is between the different tests. Ibsee the dip stick type tests, on says card test, and another says combo tests. So any help on what the better test is and what the difference is between tests? Also what are your thoughts on OSOM tests?

I don't know much but I do know you want the combo test :)

OSOM'S - difference in dipstick versus card tests?
    http://www.surromomsonline.com/suppo...highlight=osom

This thread might help some! :) Amazon had them for a better price than the ones in the linked post.

http://www.amazon.com/Genzyme-HCG-Ca...1155123&sr=8-4

I use the card combos and love them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Texassurroangel View Post
    I use the card combos and love them!!
    Did you get an evap line? I have been looking at a bunch of threads and see so many negative remarks. Also, did you use serum or urine? Have you seen anyone on SMO that has used the serum (blood)?

Meg, I used serum and got a clear BFN (when I wasn't pg). But using serum was a PITA. :/

For ME, there's always a light line that comes up with urine on the combos. But that's because they are so super sensitive, they detect the 2-3 miu of hCG in my urine (that is always there). So, I've pretty much gotten used to the, "I can stare realllly hard in natural light and see something" line and know it's not a true BFP. But it's seriously HARD to see, lol. They detected my first surrogate pg at 7 dpo, and at 10 dpo my beta was 59. My FRER and Answer tests began showing light BFPs at 8 dpo.
    TS x 3 - 03/08, 06/10 & 06/12

Quote Originally Posted by momof2surrotoo View Post
    Did you get an evap line? I have been looking at a bunch of threads and see so many negative remarks. Also, did you use serum or urine? Have you seen anyone on SMO that has used the serum (blood)?
    What blood? How is that possible? Is there a special one that uses blood or are they the same? I have never heardof such a thing lol. I'm interested :)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsFlorzak View Post
    What blood? How is that possible? Is there a special one that uses blood or are they the same? I have never heardof such a thing lol. I'm interested :)
    You have to use the serum. You get enough blood into a container and what I did was pop it in the fridge for 20 minutes or so. I then took it out and carefully moved it to the counter (so as not to mix it up). You take a needle or toothpick and pull the top off (the blood, which has thickened up by now), and you are left with mainly serum. This is the best way I could do it, but it was a pain because I could NOT get myself to bleed enough ever, lol.
    TS x 3 - 03/08, 06/10 & 06/12

Quote Originally Posted by mervl View Post
    You have to use the serum. You get enough blood into a container and what I did was pop it in the fridge for 20 minutes or so. I then took it out and carefully moved it to the counter (so as not to mix it up). You take a needle or toothpick and pull the top off (the blood, which has thickened up by now), and you are left with mainly serum. This is the best way I could do it, but it was a pain because I could NOT get myself to bleed enough ever, lol.
    Wow that is crazy! Very good to know. And props to you for getting blood :)

Quote Originally Posted by momof2surrotoo View Post
    Never got an evap line. I tested with urine. Serum is too much of a hassle. During my last journey I started testing 3 days after the transfer. I got my first super faint positive at 4.5dp5dt.

I am not a fan of the dip kind. The lines are so light when I used one.

I took this one at 11 weeks for a friend that wasn't pregnant because she was curious about the lines they get.

Twin boys 7/18/12 (37 weeks)
    A- 5lbs 7oz 19"
    B- 5lbs 9oz 19"

I think I am going to pass on the OSOM tests this cycle. I have my fingers (and toes) crossed that it worked. However, if it didn't I think I may get a box of them next cycle.

I just hope this cycle works.