First off, sorry it took me so long to get on here and type it all out, with the holidays and all it's been hectic.

So.....I ended up going into labor on Saturday, November 6th. After getting all hooked up with the contraction monitor and FOUR heartbeat moniters for the babies they confirmed that i was in labor. I was put on the magnesium drip. I felt like I was melting into the bed. For the next two days they pumped so many antibiotics, iv fluids and pain meds that I don't actually remember anything from Saturday nite to Monday morning. That morning I was taken off the mag drip to see if the labor would start back up. I was also given Procardia to keep the labor at bay.
The next couple days we just laid around in the hospital, waiting to see if anything was going to happen. After being on the procardia for two days I started having severe swelling in my left leg and it was also going numb. After a couple ultrasounds on my legs the doctors ended up taking me off Procardia on wednesday nite because of the swelling. Thursday was a pretty uneventful day. Some contractions but nothing to be concerned about.
Friday afternoon around 3 or 4 the contractions started getting stronger and closer together. At about 4 we started monitoring them and the doctor was called to come check me. I was only 2-3 cm dilated so they moved me from the postpartum floor back to labor and delivery. Im not sure what medicine i was put on then, because it knocked me out for about 2 hours. During that time the contractions continued and I dilated to 4. 29 weeks and 5 days,IT WAS TIME!!
That's when I got very nervous!!! They prepped me and took me into the OR and did my spinal. Sunny coming in was such a relief to me because I was so nervous. The Dr. said we are ready to start, I said "Wait! I don't want to hear that there's going to be tugging, pullling, pressure. I just don't wanna know" She said how about we turn music on, so Bob Marley's Don't Worry Be Happy was turned on to make me feel better!
It seemed that within 30 seconds they were already pulling babies out. The first three were pulled out a minute apart and the fourth 2 minutes later. Everything we had been waiting for, for over a year was finally here. I didn't actually see any of the babies but was happy that Sunny got to see them being born and got to take a bunch of pictures!
As soon as the last baby was taken out the doctor put me to sleep. I had to stay in the hospital until Monday afternoon but was able to go to the NICU and see the babies before I left.
Walking into the NICU was hard, not knowing what I was about to see made me sick. But, as soon as I came to the first one that I had given birth to it was like FAILURE slapped me right in the face. Seeing the four of them so tiny, hooked up to so many machines made me feel horrible. All of the why's and questions came to mind, that I shouldve tried to keep baking them longer....etc. As I made my way around to see all four of them the nurses were so sweet and so encouraging as to how well the babies were doing.
Before I left I talked to Sunny & Hubby who were also in the NICU seeing the precious babies. im at home, doing fantastic! Already bored. But this time has also given a chance to really think about this whole experience. Im so happy that Sunny gave ME the opportunity to carry her precious children. I have learned so much from this process, and am in awe that she trusted me with her bunnies!!

I know you have all been waiting for after pictures so here they are. These were taken 1 week after the Quads were born.


Thank all of ya'll for all the thoughts and prayers for all of us. Please keep the babies in your prayers, they are doing well but still have a long road.