Thread: Rib pain in first trimester?

Question Rib pain in first trimester?

I'm just about hitting 10 weeks and I am having some pretty serious rib pain on the sides and extending into back. I made an appt with chiro but can't get in until next Tuesday and really don't want to go to a new one as this one took care of me during my whole pregnancy with DS and worked wonders. Anybody have this phenomenon so early on? I usually get this around 25-30 weeks but never this early. Any help or explanations are greatly appreciated!
    Maggie
    Wife to C
    Mom to 2
    GSx1 B/G twins 4/11
    Due 1/31/13 with my own #3

Wow Maggie, that's odd -- I had rib pain too, but I had a belly pushing them apart and babies lodged in them. I hope someone here can answer your question, and keep us updated!

Thanks to April for the above siggy and Rachele for the previous slightly too creepy one :)

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom View Post
    I'm just about hitting 10 weeks and I am having some pretty serious rib pain on the sides and extending into back. I made an appt with chiro but can't get in until next Tuesday and really don't want to go to a new one as this one took care of me during my whole pregnancy with DS and worked wonders. Anybody have this phenomenon so early on? I usually get this around 25-30 weeks but never this early. Any help or explanations are greatly appreciated!
    Wow, you need a new chiro. I had the same rib pain outside of pregnancy and a series of adjustments are the only thing that have ever helped. But next Tues! A chiro should get you in sooner than that!!!! That is nuts.

I had it early this pregnancy too and my OB and chiro said it was just my body adjusting and getting ready to open up for baby. :spin: The chiro appts do help though!