Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you know if your water broke at 15 weeks?

Default How do you know if your water broke at 15 weeks?

I literally just wet the chair, my underwear and had clear liquid running down my leg. It doesn't have a smell to it and I didn't have to pee that bad.

I've never heard of this, but uuhhh...anyone else leak like this and it was just urnine and not anything else. Wouldn't it smell like urine?

No cramps, no nothing. Just this...uummm very big wet spot.

Thankfully I'm working from home today, otherwise I would have been quite embarassed.

Personally, I'd be headed to L&D just to make sure. Do not pass go, do not collect toll, just GO. I would much rather be told I tinkled than not go and it be something worse! I hope it's good news (if there is any in this situation?). :spin:

Um, go to the hospital right this second.

It it doesn't smell like urine, then it's probably not. Please go right now. And please update someone. *hugs* Thoughts and prayers coming your way, Heather.

Silly question, but would they need to test the liquid on my panties or be able to tell by an internal exam?

Quote Originally Posted by halbaugh View Post
    Silly question, but would they need to test the liquid on my panties or be able to tell by an internal exam?
    They will swab your vagina to test for amniotic fluid.

GO.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieMama View Post
    They will swab your vagina to test for amniotic fluid.

GO.
    Yes and yes and if you don't have a contact buddy message me and I'll update if you want. Just GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sorry to be the bi**h, but seriously you post on a message board that you may have broken your water instead of heading to the hospital immediately.

Oy vey..........

I have 3 cats and have never cared for a child overnight and even I know you need to GO TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW.
    Auntie Tamara

Midwife was in the office, she is taking my chart with her to the hospital with another patient and will see what she can do. She said at 15 weeks, all she can do is an u/s to see if the fluid was amniotic or not.

I'm screwed if that is what is.

Midwife was in the office, she is taking my chart with her to the hospital with another patient and will see what she can do. She said at 15 weeks, all she can do is an u/s to see if the fluid was amniotic or not.

Unfortunately, yes, but it's much better to be THERE than at home regardless. Hopefully they can quickly find out what's going on.

People have carried to term with water broken that early. If it is your water, don't let them send you home. Antibiotics and strict bedrest!

Hope it's just discharge, which can get very fluidlike and in big amounts during pregnancy. More than one woman has thought her water broke when it was discharge.

I literally just wet the chair, my underwear and had clear liquid running down my leg. It doesn't have a smell to it and I didn't have to pee that bad.

I've never heard of this, but uuhhh...anyone else leak like this and it was just urnine and not anything else. Wouldn't it smell like urine?

No cramps, no nothing. Just this...uummm very big wet spot.

Thankfully I'm working from home today, otherwise I would have been quite embarassed.
    It's probably just some liquidy discharge that is common in pregnancy, but I'd go get checked out anyway.
    GSx2

Are you at the office? Have you been tested? How will the chart help them to know??
    Auntie Tamara

I'm sorry, it doesn't sound good (((hugs))) I have been there so please email me if you need to talk. I opted to carry until I went into labor or developed an infection, which I did 3 weeks later. The chance of carrying a baby to viability is less than 5% but I was willing to try everything possible to give him that chance. Most OB's will want to induce you because of the risk of infection but it is your body and your IP's baby therefore you both need to decide what is best for you and the baby. It isn't an easy road but babies have survived PPROM at 15 weeks.

GS X 1 Daniel 2009

I'm thinking about you Heather! Good Luck :sunshine:

Awe Heather, praying for you. Is anyone her contact buddy?
    I got my PHD from Google University :toothless

Heather just called me and is parking at the ER right now! She will update me as soon as she knows something and I will keep y'all informed! Sending prayers for her, the baby and her IP's..... :praying:

GS X 1 to Sutton 3/3/10
    GS X 2 to Ryan 2/9/12
    GS X 3 to Nicholas 7/20/13

Quote Originally Posted by *~FAITH~* View Post
    Heather just called me and is parking at the ER right now! She will update me as soon as she knows something and I will keep y'all informed! Sending prayers for her, the baby and her IP's..... :praying:
    Thank goodness... praying it's not amniotic fluid!

Quote Originally Posted by *~FAITH~* View Post
    Thank you for keeping us updated. I am hoping that everything is okay :praying:

GS X 1 Daniel 2009

I see now, the midwife is meeting her at the hospital w/ her chart. I hope it's nothing and there is a happy, healthy baby in there who will read this someday and laugh.
    Auntie Tamara