Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 93

Thread: How do you know if your water broke at 15 weeks?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    1,231

    Default How do you know if your water broke at 15 weeks?

    I literally just wet the chair, my underwear and had clear liquid running down my leg. It doesn't have a smell to it and I didn't have to pee that bad.

    I've never heard of this, but uuhhh...anyone else leak like this and it was just urnine and not anything else. Wouldn't it smell like urine?

    No cramps, no nothing. Just this...uummm very big wet spot.

    Thankfully I'm working from home today, otherwise I would have been quite embarassed.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    in the moment.. .. ..
    Posts
    13,978

    Default

    Personally, I'd be headed to L&D just to make sure. Do not pass go, do not collect toll, just GO. I would much rather be told I tinkled than not go and it be something worse! I hope it's good news (if there is any in this situation?). :spin:

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the face!!!
    Posts
    11,577

    Default

    Um, go to the hospital right this second.

    It it doesn't smell like urine, then it's probably not. Please go right now. And please update someone. *hugs* Thoughts and prayers coming your way, Heather.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Silly question, but would they need to test the liquid on my panties or be able to tell by an internal exam?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the face!!!
    Posts
    11,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halbaugh View Post
    Silly question, but would they need to test the liquid on my panties or be able to tell by an internal exam?
    They will swab your vagina to test for amniotic fluid.

    GO.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    in the moment.. .. ..
    Posts
    13,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OkieMama View Post
    They will swab your vagina to test for amniotic fluid.

    GO.
    Yes and yes and if you don't have a contact buddy message me and I'll update if you want. Just GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a state of chaos
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    Sorry to be the bi**h, but seriously you post on a message board that you may have broken your water instead of heading to the hospital immediately.

    Oy vey..........

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ogden (ish), Utah
    Posts
    4,481

    Default

    I have 3 cats and have never cared for a child overnight and even I know you need to GO TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW.
    Auntie Tamara

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Midwife was in the office, she is taking my chart with her to the hospital with another patient and will see what she can do. She said at 15 weeks, all she can do is an u/s to see if the fluid was amniotic or not.

    I'm screwed if that is what is.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    in the moment.. .. ..
    Posts
    13,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halbaugh View Post
    Midwife was in the office, she is taking my chart with her to the hospital with another patient and will see what she can do. She said at 15 weeks, all she can do is an u/s to see if the fluid was amniotic or not.

    I'm screwed if that is what is.
    Unfortunately, yes, but it's much better to be THERE than at home regardless. Hopefully they can quickly find out what's going on.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,326

    Default

    People have carried to term with water broken that early. If it is your water, don't let them send you home. Antibiotics and strict bedrest!

    Hope it's just discharge, which can get very fluidlike and in big amounts during pregnancy. More than one woman has thought her water broke when it was discharge.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Not close enough to an ocean
    Posts
    4,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halbaugh View Post
    I literally just wet the chair, my underwear and had clear liquid running down my leg. It doesn't have a smell to it and I didn't have to pee that bad.

    I've never heard of this, but uuhhh...anyone else leak like this and it was just urnine and not anything else. Wouldn't it smell like urine?

    No cramps, no nothing. Just this...uummm very big wet spot.

    Thankfully I'm working from home today, otherwise I would have been quite embarassed.
    It's probably just some liquidy discharge that is common in pregnancy, but I'd go get checked out anyway.
    GSx2

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ogden (ish), Utah
    Posts
    4,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halbaugh View Post
    Midwife was in the office, she is taking my chart with her to the hospital with another patient and will see what she can do. She said at 15 weeks, all she can do is an u/s to see if the fluid was amniotic or not.

    I'm screwed if that is what is.
    Are you at the office? Have you been tested? How will the chart help them to know??
    Auntie Tamara

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    I'm sorry, it doesn't sound good (((hugs))) I have been there so please email me if you need to talk. I opted to carry until I went into labor or developed an infection, which I did 3 weeks later. The chance of carrying a baby to viability is less than 5% but I was willing to try everything possible to give him that chance. Most OB's will want to induce you because of the risk of infection but it is your body and your IP's baby therefore you both need to decide what is best for you and the baby. It isn't an easy road but babies have survived PPROM at 15 weeks.

    GS X 1 Daniel 2009

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    <3
    Posts
    9,816

    Default

    I'm thinking about you Heather! Good Luck :sunshine:

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,221

    Default

    Awe Heather, praying for you. Is anyone her contact buddy?
    I got my PHD from Google University :toothless


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Somewhere down in TEXAS!
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Heather just called me and is parking at the ER right now! She will update me as soon as she knows something and I will keep y'all informed! Sending prayers for her, the baby and her IP's..... :praying:


    GS X 1 to Sutton 3/3/10
    GS X 2 to Ryan 2/9/12
    GS X 3 to Nicholas 7/20/13

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    in the moment.. .. ..
    Posts
    13,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *~FAITH~* View Post
    Heather just called me and is parking at the ER right now! She will update me as soon as she knows something and I will keep y'all informed! Sending prayers for her, the baby and her IP's..... :praying:
    Thank goodness... praying it's not amniotic fluid!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *~FAITH~* View Post
    Heather just called me and is parking at the ER right now! She will update me as soon as she knows something and I will keep y'all informed! Sending prayers for her, the baby and her IP's..... :praying:
    Thank you for keeping us updated. I am hoping that everything is okay :praying:

    GS X 1 Daniel 2009

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ogden (ish), Utah
    Posts
    4,481

    Default

    I see now, the midwife is meeting her at the hospital w/ her chart. I hope it's nothing and there is a happy, healthy baby in there who will read this someday and laugh.
    Auntie Tamara

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •