Thread: Has anyone had a breech baby spontaneously flip AFTER 36 weeks?

Default Has anyone had a breech baby spontaneously flip AFTER 36 weeks?

I know it's a long shot but.....

If you did, were you doing anything specific to urge her to turn?

Also did you FEEL her flip? Or have any indication she had? Or did you just find out at your next appointment....?

Hi Jen!

I don't have any insight on babies turning but I wanted to say that I can't believe you are so close to delivering already!

Great luck girlfriend!! ;-)
    B mom of 3
    GS1... Girl 2008
    GS2... Boy angel 2010

Retired

I don't have an answer for you Jen, I know you poor dear have been struggling with this breech little one. We can hear the stress and worry. Hugs to you and may God tell this little one to turn around already!!!!:)

I was 36 weeks and a few days.... But it was just 6 days before I went into labor.

I think I know when she turned, but I obviously can't prove it. I was, um grooming in the bathtub and was leaning forward quite a bit for awhile (and bending down). Afterwards, I had insane contractions and my tummy was a tight ball. Lots of backpain too. After it was over, my belly felt different. Not quite so hard at the top right side.

I wasn't doing much to get her to turn... Just rocking on hands and knees.

I had a csection scheduled too, but luckily didn't need it! I hope she turns!!!

My 1st c-section baby was head down at my 37week appt yet I KNEW he flipped a few days later, it hurt so bad I went to L&D. They blew me off...3 days later my water broke and that's when we discovered via U/S that he was breech.

Barb :)
    Proven surro X's 5
    As seen on TV!! :)
    Delivered @ 36 weeks 7lb 7oz girl 3 Sept after a scary diagnosis of possible placenta accreta

Quote Originally Posted by BarbGSX1 View Post
    My 1st c-section baby was head down at my 37week appt yet I KNEW he flipped a few days later, it hurt so bad I went to L&D. They blew me off...3 days later my water broke and that's when we discovered via U/S that he was breech.

Barb :)
    Glad I'm not the only one!

One of my twins flipped and I thought I was going to give birth in the middle of a store.

Yep, twin A. It felt like intense moving. It CAN happen.
    Heather

Yes, it happened to me after 36 weeks. I didn't feel the baby turn, the u/s showed us 2 weeks later. Babies can turn late so don't give up hope.
    Last edited by 9monthnanny; 05-29-2010 at 12:24 PM.

in my home, in a town, in a state called California

I was a few days past 38 weeks. I didn't feel it. My OB wasn't worried about position until 36 weeks anyway. I went to a chiro twice a week starting at 37 weeks and I'm not sure which appt did it but at my next OB appt he was head down. I also went 10 days past my EDD.

DD moved to vertex late, but I can't remember exactly how late. I know it was toward the very end, and I didn't feel it when it happened.

Twin A did a 180 on me at 37w3d. I've mentioned that already though :blush: That one I DEFINITELY felt. It didn't hurt, but I knew something massive happened. I didn't realize what exactly happened though until my sono several days later.

Permanently benched by anterolisthesis. :(

If you have an ironing board, prop it up with one side on the couch cushions and the other on the floor. Lay on the board with your head at the floor and feet at the top end (gravity will help baby flip around). Place an ice pack at the top of your belly at baby's head (they don't like cold and will try to move away from it). I also took a flashlight and put it directly at the bottom of my belly (baby may be attracted to the light).

It worked for me, my doctor was shocked. Delaney was in a footling breech at 35 weeks & the doctor said the chance of her turning was very slim because of her size & the footling breech presentation. For the next 2 weeks I did the above and at my 37 week appt, she was head down! BTW, she was born at 40.4 weeks and weighed 8lbs 12oz.

My youngest baby was also breech a bit earlier than 35 weeks, and I did it again-he flipped head down.

Also, if you have access to a pool, spend some time in it.

My last u/s this baby was breech. A few days later at 29 weeks I felt movement and it felt like someone was ripping my uterus apart. I knew he had flipped. The next day one of the docs at work felt my belly and said he doesn't feel breech anymore. I am praying it's true!!! I definitely think you would feel it happening. Good luck!!!
    [/url]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

my last pregnancy he was breech at 35-36 weeks, and vertex by 38. Don't know when it was that he turned, but I was so thankful he did!

Wife, mother to 3 great kids

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonA View Post
    If you have an ironing board, prop it up with one side on the couch cushions and the other on the floor. Lay on the board with your head at the floor and feet at the top end (gravity will help baby flip around). Place an ice pack at the top of your belly at baby's head (they don't like cold and will try to move away from it). I also took a flashlight and put it directly at the bottom of my belly (baby may be attracted to the light).

It worked for me, my doctor was shocked. Delaney was in a footling breech at 35 weeks & the doctor said the chance of her turning was very slim because of her size & the footling breech presentation. For the next 2 weeks I did the above and at my 37 week appt, she was head down! BTW, she was born at 40.4 weeks and weighed 8lbs 12oz.

My youngest baby was also breech a bit earlier than 35 weeks, and I did it again-he flipped head down.

A friend of mine did the ironing board trick with her 1st. She said all of a sudden she felt the whole world flip and she scrambled off the board as quickly as a 9 month pregnant woman can before he changed his mind. (That baby is finishing up his freshman year in college right now!)

I remember feeling Lexie turn. I was laying on my side, and it didnt hurt - the only way I could explain it was that it felt like she FELL from one side of my belly to the other, it was the weirdest feeling ever!

I really hope that stubborn little one turns for you Jen!!! GOOD LUCK!!

GSX1: Ella Rose 8/7/2011 7lbs 6oz, 19 inches and adorable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonA View Post

You mean you did not beleive me when I told you how to do this and told you it would work? :rotfl:

I know it works! I have seen it happen so many times.

Another way that works is the Webster Technique done by a trained Chiropractor. We took our TS to a Chiro in her 38 plus week and within 24 hours our son turned head down!:@
    :2cents: ~ Kim

Life is Short! Live for Today! Forgive! Laugh Uncontrollably! Love Deeply!
    Kiss Slowly! And Never Regret Those Things That Made You Smile!

A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.

yep somewhere in 37th week and I was preggo with twins! one was laying transverse and the other was head up at 36 wk ob appt- I left there terrified of a c/s! So the following week I would lay our ironing board against our coach and then my dh would help me down on it--so I was hanging upside down!!! I did this at least 4 times per day, about 15 minutes each time. (That as long as I could handle laying on my back upside down!!LOL!)
    It worked- at the next OB appt she had flipped to head down and stayed there until she was born at 38 wks 6 days! OB couldn't believe it, couldn't see how there was possibly room for her to flip but she did it!!
    KIM
    Married to my honeybear, Mom to 3 great kiddos.
    GSx1: Twin girls 2003
    GSx2: Boy/Girl Twins 2006
    Will there be a third GS?

This babe was breech last week. Then at my last appt was back to head down. I did nothing to help it turn though. I have a mw who is willing to deliver breech at home, so for me i wasn't going to torture my body or the baby to get a flip. When babe did flip though i was really nauseous and sick for a few hours and it was an incredily odd movement, almost hurt. But i was about 39 weeks and i have very little room left to breath even lol.
    Last edited by proudmomnsurro; 05-30-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Baby P is here 3/28 born at home right into her mama's arms :HEARTSMIL
    My blog and birth story