Thread: What does mileage reimbursement cover?

Default What does mileage reimbursement cover?

When you get reimbursed mileage does that include gas or is gas separate? During my last journey I was being reimbursed gas and mileage separate but I thought I read somewhere that gas was included in mileage as well as oil changes and any maintenance needed to travel.

I thought all was included in mileage.
    ]

**My body just kicks those boys right out! Had surrobaby girl 4-3-11
    And I have 3 girls of my own!~

I am so full of l♥ve ~ even my uterus is heart shaped
    Cara's an awesome Artist!~She made my siggy!

Its always been included in mine. I get .505 per mile. Oil changes and maintainence has never been covered by my IP's.

I would think it includes it.. mine does.

It's all in one :) for me anyways

I thought mileage was supposed to cover everything.

Thanks ladies!

The national standard on mileage reimbursement covers gas and maintenance on the car.

Thank you Natasha :sunshine:

I get .55 a mile and that is supposed to cover gas and maintenence on the car

My mileage is at the gov't rate and it includes gas, wear and tear on my van. (basically...if it's good enough for the gov't to do it this way, it's good enough for my agency...LOL!)

Mileage covers gas, repairs, tires, oil, general devaluing of the vehicle due to miles ran over standard yearly averages.

I charge the gov't or IRS rate of 50-55 cents per mile.

sweet mamma

Quote Originally Posted by annahal14 View Post
    When you get reimbursed mileage does that include gas or is gas separate? During my last journey I was being reimbursed gas and mileage separate but I thought I read somewhere that gas was included in mileage as well as oil changes and any maintenance needed to travel.
    No when the reimburse you for mileage, usually over a certain distance roundtrip, it is only for gas. In the contract they will add the price per regular gallon for the purpose of multiplying it with the miles driven, over the miles allotted for.

Ours says our surrogate is responsible for 50 miles each way and anything over we are responsible for 47 or 57 cents per mile. There is a website to find the national price of gas. It does NOT cover oil or tune up or air in tires or anything to do with the car or maintenance UNLESS you add this to your contract...which you can, if your IPs agree.

sweet mamma

Quote Originally Posted by citycheer View Post
    The national standard on mileage reimbursement covers gas and maintenance on the car.
    Yes Christy, but just to be clear, you don't generally get reimbursed for anything but the price of gas OVER what is allowed in your contract. Otherwise every time you drove and it pertained to the baby, your IPs would pay. That is included in your monthly insurance, from what I understand. It is in ours.