Thread: Just wondering......How many eggs did you actually have retrieved??

my2girls

Default Just wondering......How many eggs did you actually have retrieved??

I am really curious now, after having gone through the egg donation process myself. I am wondering how many eggs you had at retrieval, and how you felt afterwards. Is it true that the more eggs you end up producing and then having retrieved, that you would then experience more pain afterwards?

I was a first time donor, also I am 31 years old, and we ended up with a total of 32 eggs at retrieval.

I would love to hear how your experience with egg donation went, as I feel that my number of eggs was very high, and I am curious to know if anyone else had the same experience....??

raneydae

Congrats - that is a great number of eggs!

I've had many eggs retrieved, 34 at one, 50+ at the others. I don't know if it's so much about the number of eggs retrieved as is it about how high your estrogen levels got. But then again, I've heard of people with really high E2 levels that feel ok afterwards.

I will say that I think that the recovery after the first donation is usually the worst! Had my second been as bad as my first, I would've never done it again.

The pain will usually go away in a couple days, but the bloat and discomfort can last for a week or two. If you do a search on here, there once was a thread about good post-retrieval food ideas and other things that might help. I hope you start to feel better soon. :(

They got 23 my last donation..:)

There was only 9 for my first donation :S but the couple got pregnant, so that's all that matters :) I didn't feel bad at all after my retrieval. Ate the recommended meal that I got from here, took it easy for a couple days just in case!

EDx1 - 18 eggs retrieved - felt horrible for 3 days. really sick
    EDx2 - 14 eggs retrieved - sore and sick
    EDx3 - 15 eggs retrieved - felt ok
    EDx4 - 31 eggs retrieved - felt ok
    EDX5 - 18 eggs retrieved - felt ok
    Shared IVF - 18 eggs retrieved - felt horrible. Lots of pain and vomitting
    EDX6 - 18 eggs retrieved - felling pretty bad currently

Thank you Chavonia "Texassurroangel" for my beautiful siggy
    My FF Chart
    6 IUIs, 1 IVF
    3 Miscarriages

I'm an IM. I did 2 own egg cycle before DE. I have 13 & 17 eggs. Felt bad first time, second time told nurse about 1st experience. I was given meds to help with nausea. Drink lots of water.

I've heard of EDs having 32, 48, 72 eggs retrieved. From an IMs point of view we prefer the RE monitor the ED for mature eggs not amount of eggs. 10-12 is a very good number to work from. I've seen 48 eggs retrieve w/20 being mature. Our ED had 20 eggs, 19 mature.

My girlfriends ED retrieved 72 eggs, 50 mature, they used 2, got pg w/twins and were left with tons of embryos. Decided to dontation to clinic. She has mentioned she wondered if RE wasn't setting up his frozen embryo bank.

Thank you for being an ED!
    IM via semi-known indy ED 2007. Our 2nd DE miracle due 12/2/11.

6x anywhere from 24-30 eggs

The first donation I felt horrible and was in a lot of pain. All the rest I felt pretty good afterward. I just made sure to get out and walk, drink lots of water & Gatorade, and eat high protein foods

24 -severe OHSS (I was on lupron for 6 weeks and 300 IU FSH and 75 IU LH - way, way too much)
    35 -moderate OHSS (same RE)
    the other times I was fine. It's not just the number of eggs, its the med protocol too. One of my other cycles they retrieved 26 eggs and I was perfectly fine, another they retrieved 24 and I thought I was going to die.

I hope you're feeling better!

EDx1 - 32 retrieved, moderate OHSS [age 32]
    EDx2 - 19 retrieved, felt great, went out dancing that night! [age 33.5]
    EDx3 - 25 retrieved, felt great [age 34]

I agree, that is really depends on the protocol. That can make a world of difference!
    KATHY
    --Mom to Em & Dan & the dawgs
    --Retired from surrogacy
    --TSx1 to Oliver Edward 10-14-03
    --TSx2 to Miranda Grace 6-25-05
    --TSx3 to Joseph Riley 2-22-08
    --EDx3

4x egg donor. First time 28, 2nd time 32, 3rd time 28 again and last time 36. These were the ones retrieved they could USE. They actually got more, and most notably that last time, but didn't tell me how many were not mature. I had OHSS every single time, and the last time was scary as heck! I am no longer allowed to do egg donations because of how bad it got.

ETA: I was given this stuff called Muscle Milk because I needed a ton of protein. The first time, it did make me feel better, but the last time, I was supposed to be hospitalized. I chose to manage my own IV. lol
    Last edited by surroladyandmom; 12-17-2009 at 09:10 AM.

I'm not a donor but my IF's donor got 8 eggs and was severely overstimulated. She was 28. She was VERY sick after and had to go to the emergency room. Only 3 made it to day 5. We didn't get pregnant.

Hi SB :haha:

Quote Originally Posted by Emidan View Post
    EDx1 - 32 retrieved, moderate OHSS [age 32]
    EDx2 - 19 retrieved, felt great, went out dancing that night! [age 33.5]
    EDx3 - 25 retrieved, felt great [age 34]

I agree, that is really depends on the protocol. That can make a world of difference!
    Sorry to hijack, but I noticed your age with your donations. I would like to donate, but was under the impression that I am too old (32). Doesn't look like it. I am done as a surro (I think) but perhaps move on to ED?

Ellen

Thanks, azsurromommie Heather for the most fab siggy!

Ellen, it really all depends on the RE.

Thank you Chavonia "Texassurroangel" for my beautiful siggy
    My FF Chart
    6 IUIs, 1 IVF
    3 Miscarriages

I had 7 eggs (4 mature) retrieved the first time, and 11 eggs (7 mature) retrieved the second time. But I am a 36 year old donor, so my situation is highly unusual. I am jealous of all of you and your high egg counts! Wish us better luck next time.

My IM had 17 retrieved and 16 fertilized. :)

Don't pursue happiness ~ create it. (from my Fortune Cookie 9/25/09)

Quote Originally Posted by fala View Post
    I had 7 eggs (4 mature) retrieved the first time, and 11 eggs (7 mature) retrieved the second time. But I am a 36 year old donor, so my situation is highly unusual. I am jealous of all of you and your high egg counts! Wish us better luck next time.
    wishing you better luck next time!

I am just amazed at the amount of eggs you ladies produce. I had 10 mature retrieved the first time and 9 mature the second. We thought we'd have more the second time since we tweated my protocol, but no such luck. I'm retired from egg donation.

eta: I was 19 the first time and 20 the second :)

I have only donated once and they were only able to retrieve 8 eggs. All fertilized and the recipient parent gave birth to a singleton. I don't know whether it was a boy or girl, by SA Law we (the egg donors) may receive no further information on the child (if any) and the recipient parent or subsequent children that may be born out of the donation (fet).

Thanks Momof1 for my siggie!

I had 19 and 18. First time I felt terrible was so sick all day long but I don't remember too much pain just was sick from anesthesia. The second time not as sick but felt more pain. The drive back to the hotel was horrible on the San Fransisco streets.

During my last journey, my FIM had her eggs retrieved, and they got 50 eggs. Of those, 32 fertilized, but only 14 made it to transfer day. Of the remaining 12, only 2 made it to freeze. Only 1 survived thaw...so, 50 eggs, 3 useable embryos. It's not about the # of eggs, IMO, it's about the quality/maturity of the eggs.

GSx1 - :boy: 8/3/12

"Hell, I'll do it for a Dyson." - OkieMama