Thread: Deleting user accounts & posts; Requesting account be disabled

Exclamation Deleting user accounts & posts; Requesting account be disabled

We get requests/demands on a regular basis for a member's account and/or entire history of posts to be deleted from the website. However lately I have received quite a few of these so this is being addressed again for everyone.

It is our policy that we do not delete a member's account and all (or a portion) of their postings on the message boards. Member's are also not allowed to have their accounts deleted so that they can come back under a new username. Usernames will not be changed, so please keep that in mind when registering your username-once you have registered, you can not edit your username or create a new account. This notice is on our TOS, so failure to abide by the rules can result in suspension/banning of all accounts.

The 'Edit' function for members is set on a time limit of 20 minutes after the initial post. After that time period, you will not be able to edit your posts.

Also, please make note that we do not control what information comes up in search engines. There have been complaints in the past that a member has 'Googled' their username and had their information pop up in the search engine-please contact them (Google, Yahoo, etc) if you have a complaint with how their search function works. SMO is a public board that is viewable to everyone (except for those particular forums that are set to private) so keep that in mind when posting.

Members may request to have their accounts disabled-in doing so, this will prevent your account from being used to access the message boards and/or post.

Please keep the following things in mind when requesting your account be disabled:

1. If your account is disabled, it will NOT be reactivated for 30 days. The account will remain disabled after the 30 day period unless you request it to be reactivated after the 30 days has passed.

2. Disabling your account DOES NOT entitle a member to create a new account/username. Members are not allowed multiple accounts per the TOS. Members who violate this rule are subject to global banning.

3. Disabling an account does not remove your post history.

4. If you are a Premium member and request to have your account disabled, please be aware that an extension is not given to your premium status for the time your account was disabled.