Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bala Surrogacy Center agency

Default Bala Surrogacy Center agency

Another surrogacy agency-Bala Surrogacy Center-is under scrutiny for improper business dealings:

http://www.eggdonor.com/blog/2009/11...-client-funds/

*Please note that this agency's advertising has been pulled from SMO until further notice*

Wow, I guess I can be thankful i did not get pg when I was with her agency then. God works in mysterious ways.

It makes sense what my previous IFS said to me now. They emailed me recently asking me if I have heard from her but I am not with her anymore.

I got an email from that agency asking if I was still interested in being a surrogate a couple days after I posted here that I was doing a sibling journey with my IPs. I don't have any ads up, and when I did (years ago) I used a different email account.

I really hope my medical bills were really paid for. I haven;t heard from the billers. I am worried now.

Hugh....I guess that's why Holly never emailed me back! I heard from her on 10/1 about a NY couple and I emailed her back a few days later and that was it.

Jennifer
    Wife & Mom to 3 young adults, an adorable toddler and preemie son
    GSx2 to Siblings; Sarah (12/04) & Ryan (1/06)
    Mommy to 5 angels in heaven
    Donor Embryo Recipient ~ 10/06 (m/c @ 14w & 2 chemicals)
    Tubal Reversal Surgery ~ 11/07
    Failed Adoption ~ 2/09-10/09
    Failed attempts w/a TS ~ 12/09-6/10
    I delivered 'Our Little Miracle' in July, 2011 ~ 9.2lbs ~ 22.25" long
    Our son arrived at 34 weeks Oct 7th ~ 4lbs 12ozs ~ 17.75" long
    Our family is complete!!

Call me crazy, but which Holly is this? What is her screen name here?
    KATHY
    --Mom to Em & Dan & the dawgs
    --Retired from surrogacy
    --TSx1 to Oliver Edward 10-14-03
    --TSx2 to Miranda Grace 6-25-05
    --TSx3 to Joseph Riley 2-22-08
    --EDx3

Unless someone is formally charged I think this is slanderous.

I could be wrong about this but there is always 3 sides.
    This one is 4 IMO: The SM the IPs the agency and the truth.

"sometimes" a agency owner has personally GIVEN her own money to one of her sms when it was needed.
    "Sometimes" people want money for things they can't account for according to contract.
    "Sometimes" people breach contracts knowing the IPs won't push too much b/c they just want their babies.
    "sometimes" sms get mad when "homey don't play that" and they get called out on their shenanigens

Just sayin'

I find this very sad to say the least....
    I worked for Bala surrogacy, as a consultant in Canada, and just couldn't imagine these things happening.

It has been well over a year since I have worked for Holly, but have kept in touch with her, and just can't imagine that any of this is true.

I hope that the truth comes out, and all parties are able to come to a resolution...................

I hope that the surrogate mentioned (the one who was owed $5,000 and had her check bounce that was issued) speaks up. I'm pretty sure I know who it is and if so, she has no reason to lie about it all.

Just sayin'
    Kari
    Mom to Savanna (2003), Robert (2004) and Lilliann (2008)
    SurroMom to Tyler (2009), twins Emily and Joshua (2010) and Marie (2012).
    Retired and working on me now.
    Missing my friend Ray and father to Tyler, Emily and Joshua. Taken from this life by cancer too soon. You will never be forgotten. RIP 1-13-13

Quote Originally Posted by 2GIRLS4ME View Post

"sometimes" a agency owner has personally GIVEN her own money to one of her sms when it was needed.
    "Sometimes" people want money for things they can't account for according to contract.
    "Sometimes" people breach contracts knowing the IPs won't push too much b/c they just want their babies.
    "sometimes" sms get mad when "homey don't play that" and they get called out on their shenanigens

Just sayin'
    Question: How could this be "slanderous" if she found this article online??? Public information!

Quote Originally Posted by 2GIRLS4ME View Post

Just sayin'

It's only slanderous if it isn't true.

Default An Update

I wanted to update this community on the status of the Bala Surrogacy incident referenced in our blog. Shortly after we blogged about Bala Surrogacy, Holly Kahle reached out to me to share her side of the story. Ms. Kahle has been very cooperative and forthcoming. She has also been very prompt in responding to my questions and concerns.

While there remains some open issues between Bala Surrogacy and one of their surrogates, I am hopeful that a mutually agreeable resolution will be forthcoming shortly.

We will keep monitoring the situation and update our blog as developments warrant. I also wanted to thank Shannon, again, for the invaluable service she provides to this community. In an unregulated industry, it is incumbent upon us to not only police ourselves but work cooperatively to protect those vulnerable victims who are so easily exploited. Shannon and SurroMomsOnline are absolutely invaluable in this regard.

This is good to know it may not be true after all , i am usually good on judging people and always thought she went out of her way to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Looking2BGSinOR View Post
    I hope that the surrogate mentioned (the one who was owed $5,000 and had her check bounce that was issued) speaks up. I'm pretty sure I know who it is and if so, she has no reason to lie about it all.

Just sayin'
    Agree. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting some more for the GS to speak up. <goes back to twiddling thumbs>
    Last edited by Bristow; 11-10-2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by vgm8383 View Post
    I wanted to update this community on the status of the Bala Surrogacy incident referenced in our blog. Shortly after we blogged about Bala Surrogacy, Holly Kahle reached out to me to share her side of the story. Ms. Kahle has been very cooperative and forthcoming. She has also been very prompt in responding to my questions and concerns.

While there remains some open issues between Bala Surrogacy and one of their surrogates, I am hopeful that a mutually agreeable resolution will be forthcoming shortly.

We will keep monitoring the situation and update our blog as developments warrant. I also wanted to thank Shannon, again, for the invaluable service she provides to this community. In an unregulated industry, it is incumbent upon us to not only police ourselves but work cooperatively to protect those vulnerable victims who are so easily exploited. Shannon and SurroMomsOnline are absolutely invaluable in this regard.
    Another good reminder!

Baby P is here 3/28 born at home right into her mama's arms :HEARTSMIL
    My blog and birth story

I talked to an IM very recently. After hearing the things she has gone though was taken in by Bala too. I asked her to check into this thread and to not just sit and lurk anymore but to sing in and post it. It may be a little while but I hope she does. Sounds like she is owed money but I am only going by her story of course. But I have heard lots of things and seen lots of things in my 16 years of being involved in surrogacy.

Before I say anything, I would like to let everyone know my IM, Dulce, will be posting later about our situation also. I will let her tell her side of the story, but for now I would like to tell mine also.

I have not said anything in regards to this situation until now because I knew that eventually I would find the right time to come forward about this. After today, NOW is the right time.

At first I had hoped somehow this would all get worked out in the end and I would have no reason to come forward about Bala Surrogacy or Holly Kahle. My IM and I have waited weeks and now going on months for Holly to make good on the promises she has said to Dulce but after today me and my IM both know that Holly will never make good on any promise she has told anyone.

Yes, I am the surrogate that received the $5000.00 NSF check wrote from Bala's general business acct and not an escrow acct. I received this check in the mail on October 29th and because of my schedule, I could not take the check to bank until Oct 31st. My bank called to verify funds and discovered that the acct the check was written on was NSF. I could not deposit the check into my acct because of this and I would not be able to until my bank verified there were funds to draw from. I checked every day and a couple times a day until on the afternoon of Tuesday Nov 3rd, it was discovered that there were now funds in the acct. I took the check back to the bank and because the bank knew this check had been verified NSF over the last couple of days, they would only allow me to deposit the check into my acct attached with a two week hold. I asked if it would be possible to have the hold removed before the two weeks and the bank manager nicely said I could check back in a few days and they could verify that in fact the check did clear and they would release the funds. Saturday of that week, Nov 7th, my bank released the two week hold on the funds because they were able to verify the check cleared the acct it was wrote on.

Most of, if not all my reimbursements while with Bala Surroacy, have been consistently late, even before I became pregnant. I would have to email Holly and remind her that I was owed money and that I put in a reimbursement request and I still have not received my check. I would get the story that she forgot or "OMG, it didn't get to you? Let me get another check out right away.", over and over again. At this point I have been paid a total of 2 months comp so far and I am currently 6 months pregnant.

In hopes of trying to fix this situation, I set up a conference call with everyone one involved (myself, my attorney, my IM and Holly Kahle), scheduled it to take place today at 3pm pst./ 6pm est. and Ms. Kahle did NOT dial into this conference call today. She did not dial into the conference call even after receiving an email on Tuesday from the conference service, my IM Dulce and my attorney regarding the conference along with a phone number to call with a date and time. She knew about this conference and she can not say she did not know. Also, NO ONE received a email from her saying she would not be able to attend so we figured she would be attending this meeting.

My IM and myself have sent numerous emails to Ms. Kahle requesting the past due amount be paid immediately and our emails have fallen on deaf ears. My IM has also sent her an email requesting Holly transfer the money to an outside escrow company immediately. This request has also not been completed even though Holly told my IM weeks ago she would do this. At this point my IM and I would like to know where is all the money Ms. Kahle was given to place into escrow for this surrogacy? If she does have it in an escrow acct some were, why hasn't she sent what is due? Why didn't she dial in for the conference? One can only assume the worst at this point, as are we.

Holly has been telling my IM that she was Hospitalized but even after my IM requested some proof that she was in the Hospital she has still not received anything todate. We do believe Holly was having some treatments done at the hospital but was NOT Hospitalized for weeks on end like she was telling everyone. My IM received some info yesterday from a trusted source to back this up.

There is so much more that I could write about that has happen so far but I just do not have the energy to relive it. I just wish none of this ever happen to me or my IM.

PLEASE, PLEASE If any other IPs or SM have also had trouble with Bala Surrogacy or Holly Kahle, please come forward too and tell someone. Post here or contact your local authorities.

Just wanted to tell you that I'm thinking about you Tina! Keep your chin up!

Default Bala Surrogacy

http://www.eggdonor.com/blog/2009/12...rict-attorney/

Just thought I would update everyone on the Bala Surrogacy situation!
    Article Below-

Bala Surrogacy Update: Complaints Filed With Pennsylvania District Attorney

I am sorry to have to pass along more bad news, but I have received information that a complaint has been filed with the Pennsylvania District Attorney’s office arising out of the allegations we blogged about last month. Moreover, a commenter posted this on our blog this morning:

I just went numb reading your post. We are in the same boat with Bala Surrogacy. Our surrogate is due monies and we both demanded our escrow funds be returned. To date, we have not heard back. We are now in contact with the DA’s office.

This would make at least two complaints purportedly filed with the District Attorney against Bala Surrogacy since we first reported on the allegations on November 3rd. I have attempted to reach Holly Kahle for comment without success. Calls to Bala Surrogacy are immediately transferred into a full voicemail box that does not allow you to leave a message. The last communication I received from Ms. Kahle several weeks ago was that she was undergoing back surgery but had transferred all trust funds back to the Intended Parents in the case where the Surrogate was owed more than $17,000. Since that time, none of the affected parties have spoken to her and, according to one report, the District Attorney no longer knows where to locate her.

For those Intended Parents and Surrogates still working with Bala Surrogacy, I can only reiterate my earlier advice: contact your attorney immediately. Your attorney ought to demand an immediate accounting of all funds held in trust on your behalf and make arrangements to have them transferred without delay into a licensed escrow company or into an attorney’s client trust account.

Default update

http://www.eggdonor.com/blog/2009/12...rict-attorney/

Just thought I would update everyone on the Bala Surrogacy situation!
    Artical Below-

Bala Surrogacy Update: Complaints Filed With Pennsylvania District Attorney

I am sorry to have to pass along more bad news, but I have received information that a complaint has been filed with the Pennsylvania District Attorney’s office arising out of the allegations we blogged about last month. Moreover, a commenter posted this on our blog this morning:

I just went numb reading your post. We are in the same boat with Bala Surrogacy. Our surrogate is due monies and we both demanded our escrow funds be returned. To date, we have not heard back. We are now in contact with the DA’s office.

This would make at least two complaints purportedly filed with the District Attorney against Bala Surrogacy since we first reported on the allegations on November 3rd. I have attempted to reach Holly Kahle for comment without success. Calls to Bala Surrogacy are immediately transferred into a full voicemail box that does not allow you to leave a message. The last communication I received from Ms. Kahle several weeks ago was that she was undergoing back surgery but had transferred all trust funds back to the Intended Parents in the case where the Surrogate was owed more than $17,000. Since that time, none of the affected parties have spoken to her and, according to one report, the District Attorney no longer knows where to locate her.

For those Intended Parents and Surrogates still working with Bala Surrogacy, I can only reiterate my earlier advice: contact your attorney immediately. Your attorney ought to demand an immediate accounting of all funds held in trust on your behalf and make arrangements to have them transferred without delay into a licensed escrow company or into an attorney’s client trust account.