Thread: Tricare & Surrogacy

WifeNCA

Default Tricare & Surrogacy

I have tricare prime because I'm stationed in the middle of no where so its cheaper and easier for me to get seen on base.

from my understanding tricare covers surrogacy 100% I'm wondering if I need to switch to standard?

Any experiences would be amazing.

Im new to surrogacy this is my first time, I also have Tricare Prime, Tricare to my understanding has a blurry clause on surrogacy, they don't cover it but they won't refuse to pay either, they may come back and say you have to reimburse all the expenses if this happens you need to have this stated in your contract that if Tricare comes back and requires you to reimburse them that the IP's will cover those fees. Good luck!

Surrogacy – Services and supplies associated with maternity care, including antepartum care, childbirth, postpartum care and complications of pregnancy, may be cost-shared where the surrogate mother is a TRICARE beneficiary. TRICARE excludes costs associated with surrogacy when the surrogate is not a TRICARE beneficiary.

Note: When a TRICARE beneficiary is acting as a surrogate and has entered into a contractual agreement with the adoptive parents, a contractual agreement will be considered primary coverage. Any undesignated amount or amount designated for medical expenses under the contract must be exhausted before TRICARE will cost share otherwise covered benefits for the TRICARE beneficiary.

https://www.hnfs.net/common/benefits...exclusions.htm

Tricare only covers it if you are not comped, and they can ask for your contract. Staying on prime is fine. Good luck!
    GSx2

Can you email me?

Roadfamily6now@Hotmail.com
    Tammy
    Mom to 5
    TS x 3
    Sibling Project 2014 Underway