Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta

Default Beta

OK, opinions please.

We transferred 5 fresh 3d embies on 9/15. My first beta was 10dp3dt and was 129, my second beta 13dp3dt was 458 and my 3rd and final beta 16dp3dt was 1739. My IM asked the nurse at the clinic what she thought number wise for babies. The nurse said one. On the beta base form our numbers are still at the high end for singlton but smack in the middle for twins, even the low end for trips. I am doubling every 1.5 days and the timing got faster from the second to the third beta draw.

Any guesses? My IM and I are just dying until our u/s next Thursday/.:shrug:

It could go either way. My first beta at 10dp5dt was 160 and I gave birth to twins in Feb!

Thanks to April for the above siggy and Rachele for the previous slightly too creepy one :)

Those sound like my singleton numbers, but you're right, it could go either way.
    GSx2

I'm also guessing one baby. But if you're hoping for twins, I'll hope for the same.

I am also guessing one. :sunshine:

GS to IP's J&D 7/07 neg beta 10/07 neg beta
    GS to IM's D&L 9/08 neg beta 12/08 chemical 2/09 cancelled cycle 3/09 P 8/7/09-8/7/09 (born sleeping at 23 weeks 1 day after I developed severe preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome)

I am guessing twins for my numbers for the twins at 18dp3dt was 1858.

4/27/12
    :girl: 3/20/13 18w5d

I'm guessing one but hoping for whatever you are hoping for (5 - WOW!):sunshine:

Not real sure.....we thought twins with our numbers and ended up with a singleton.

BUT WOOHOO!!! CONGRATS!!!

Thanks for the opinions! Of course we are hoping for twins as this is the last shot for my IP's so two would finish up the family. But right now they will be thrilled with a live happy healthy baby after the 9months

Quote Originally Posted by finacch View Post
    Thanks for the opinions! Of course we are hoping for twins as this is the last shot for my IP's so two would finish up the family. But right now they will be thrilled with a live happy healthy baby after the 9months
    Congratulations!! I'll be stalking you on Thursday. I just went back and read your initial post! FIVE embies were transferred!! Yikes!! If I were you I'd be thrilled with one or two because ust think....it could have been five!! LOL!!!! Just teasing! I'm thrilled for you and your IPs!!

My betas were 406 on 10dp5dt (or 12dp3dt), 1961 on 14dp5dt, and 6936 at 17dpt

So 406 on day 15
    1961 on day 19
    6936 on day 22

vs

129 on day 13
    458 on day 16
    1739 on day 19

so maybe it is twins but I wouldn't think much more than that -- but unless you have betas from another pregnancy of yours, you really never know.

I mean my first GS pregnancy betas were much lower and it was a singleton vs the above which were twins.

Don't pursue happiness ~ create it. (from my Fortune Cookie 9/25/09)

Congrats on the pos beta :D
    Can I ask what grades the embies were and why you decided on 5? We are in a quandry atm cos my consultant recommends only 1 due to my age and previous pregnancies (7) but that would only give us approx 12% success rate per transfer, trying to get as much info as possible.

Thanks April (momma2ethan) for my beautiful siggy!

Congrats on being preggers!!!!!!! I want to say that you have twinkies. My numbers are below in my siggy. I will be watching for your U/S results.

:HEARTSMIL :HEARTSMIL bigstrobe@yahoo.com :user:
    Actively looking for future IP's

OK, opinions please.

We transferred 5 fresh 3d embies on 9/15. My first beta was 10dp3dt and was 129, my second beta 13dp3dt was 458 and my 3rd and final beta 16dp3dt was 1739. My IM asked the nurse at the clinic what she thought number wise for babies. The nurse said one. On the beta base form our numbers are still at the high end for singlton but smack in the middle for twins, even the low end for trips. I am doubling every 1.5 days and the timing got faster from the second to the third beta draw.

Any guesses? My IM and I are just dying until our u/s next Thursday/.:shrug:
    You have really high numbers so maybe twins, or you just may have only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz s View Post
    Congrats on the pos beta :D
    Can I ask what grades the embies were and why you decided on 5? We are in a quandry atm cos my consultant recommends only 1 due to my age and previous pregnancies (7) but that would only give us approx 12% success rate per transfer, trying to get as much info as possible.
    We transferred 5 grade A fresh embies, all 8 cells. We decided 5 as this is the last shot for my IP's and we have had two chemical pregnancy cycles this past year. 2 the first cycle and then 3 the second cycle. So we agreed throw in all the good ones and see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by JennyLou View Post
    My betas were 406 on 10dp5dt (or 12dp3dt), 1961 on 14dp5dt, and 6936 at 17dpt

So 406 on day 15
    1961 on day 19
    6936 on day 22

vs

129 on day 13
    458 on day 16
    1739 on day 19

so maybe it is twins but I wouldn't think much more than that -- but unless you have betas from another pregnancy of yours, you really never know.

I mean my first GS pregnancy betas were much lower and it was a singleton vs the above which were twins.
    Of course we are hoping for twins, as this is the last shot for my IP's, twins would be perfect! I keep looking at the betabase.info site and my numbers are solidly in the twin range. I am just counting the minutes until Thursday morning's u/s!

Default u/s results

just back from my u/s appt....well we have good news, anybody care to guess

13dpo 129
    16dpo 458
    19dpo 1739.......

13dpo 129
    16dpo 458
    19dpo 1739.......
    I think twins.
    GSx2

13dpo 129
    16dpo 458
    19dpo 1739.......
    Thats very ornery. I haven't learned all of this yet! :spin:

Proudly pumped 5 weeks for my surrobubs!
    After 6+ weeks in the NICU, Rory and Sean are home!

Hmmm guessing TWINS... :)

Thanks April for the Sig!
    Maggie (disneymom) and Joni (angelmama) are my contact buddies!