Thread: Anybody have sore areas on their legs after vag birth/c-section?

Default Anybody have sore areas on their legs after vag birth/c-section?

I have 6 areas of soreness on my legs and have no idea why. They are bilateral and basically equal in soreness so I'm not worried about clots. The areas are on the outer thigh just above my knees, and on my inner and outer ankle areas behind the prominent bones. It feels bruised, but there is no visible bruise. Rubbing the area hurts and moving the limbs hurts also. Maybe it's tendon related?? I'd hate to see how much it would hurt if I was not taking Ibuprofen around the clock...

Anyone else have this??

TIA!

Thanks for the siggy, delphi!

Could it be where your legs were held during pushing?

Quote Originally Posted by Brookes4boys View Post
    Could it be where your legs were held during pushing?
    That's a very good question! I had to ask DH. :haha: That could be it because if they held the soles of my heels and pulled back hard against my pushing, maybe it was the strain against that pressure. (?) But DH really doesn't think he held my ankle...just my thigh (he had to re-inact it to remember :D). Also I just started noticing it in the last couple days...of course, compared to my other pain, I probably just didn't feel how bad it really was. :)

I had c-section

I have soreness, not in the same areas, in my arms and legs. Especially my knees. I feel very weak and achy. I do have some soreness in my elbows and ankles too. I have no idea why though. I don't ever remember having this problem after any of my other deliveries either.
    Just me

I had the same pain and the nurse said it was when they held my legs.. hubbys tend to push like they want you to push... oops!

Mucho Gracias erica!

I had a c-section, and never had that, but I did want to warn you, taking alot of ibuprofen is bad news! Make sure you're following the dosage, and if you can take less then recommended.

The same goes with tylenol, you can get liver toxicity from taking to much, or even taking the recommended dose for a extended period of time.

Please be carefull:) My mother had dental work, and ended up in the ER from accidental liver toxicty from taking tylenol:(
    *Grumpy* TS for Mommymoo:sunshine: I have the best IP's ever Counting down the days til insems!

I felt like i was beat in my legs after I got home from the hospital from birthing Erica.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie View Post
    I felt like i was beat in my legs after I got home from the hospital from birthing Erica.
    Was it all over, or in specific areas? Most of mine is finally gone except it still hurts a little on the outer ankle areas...2 weeks later! I see the doctor Tue, maybe he'll have an answer for me...